To what extent has globalisation been of benefit to the UK's macroeconomic performance









To what extent has globalisation been of benefit to the UK's macroeconomic performance - A 23/25 essay





I enjoyed writing this essay: it was nice to put some of the theory that we've been learning through the last few weeks at school into practice. Overall although rusty when it came to essay writing, I felt like I was effective.

In terms of what to improve on for next time.

  • First introduction paragraph, needs to really answer the question. I should have also used a phrase from the extract which I know many people like to do.
  • I defo need to be more concise and get to the point faster. Whether its been a while since I have revised economics or just havnt got back into the writing groove, I felt like I was rambling at points (mid para 2). 
  • I also completely forgot to use words from the question at the end of each paragraph. 



Here is my (rough) plan:


The winners of globalisation:
• Economies with lower labour costs and infrastructure to export -> factor endowments (labour economy)
• Exporters with competetove advantages
• New middle class in NIC -> relatively high MPC to higher NWF indaviduals
• Highly educated and highly skilled, bargaining power
• MNC -> tax avoidance and outsourcing
• Geographical mobility of labour 


The losers of globalisation:
• Manufacturing sectors in high environments
• Regions that were home to these- higher unemployment -> ebbw vale in south wales with coal mines
• Poorest 5% wage stagnation
• Planet
• Social strain from migration 
• Growth of populist authorities due to the factors above








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advice for Year 12 students:

Pre Budget thoughts. What I expect and what are my Opinons?

How can one use mathematics and data to navigate uncertainty, test economic claims, and make policy more evidenced based driven.